










The drill hall was built in 1899 on the site of 27 cottages purchased by Mr ES Hanbury for use by the whole community. It was officially opened on 8th February 1900 and was originally occupied by D Company, Hertfordshire Volunteer Battalion for the purposes of drilling training, prior to going to The Boer War.
A decent size multifunctional space for many events from brass bands to gym clubs the hall can scale up and down as necessary.
Chris Buck-Marshall